IMPORTANT: The MUD program is part of WICHE-WRGP, which allows residents of any of the 15 member states to pay only Colorado resident tuition. Read here for more information. Students who are residents of non-WICHE states may qualify for resident tuition after one year of Colorado residency.
The University of Colorado Denver Master of Urban Design Program seeks exceptional, engaged applicants who:
have demonstrated academic excellence and a professional degree,
are passionate about urban design,
are excited to study in downtown Denver and experience Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West,
and seek to enrich the program through their unique, diverse perspectives.
Students who earn a professional degree from the College of Architecture and Planning are eligible for advanced standing in the MUD program.
Priority Deadline February 15. Final Deadline March 15.
REQUIRED Application MATERIALS
Application fee ($50 for domestic applicants, $75 for international applicants)
Evidence of a professional degree in architecture, landscape architecture or planning
At least a 3.2 undergraduate or graduate cumulative GPA
A portfolio that includes examples of student or professional projects. You will submit your portfolio through Slideroom.
- A statement of purpose that includes your educational and professional goals
- Résumé describing your educational and professional background
- A list of courses that you have taken relating to design and planning
- A writing sample from previous professional or academic work
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores if available (not required for admission)
- A separate one-page statement indicating whether you would like to participate in the MUD Internship Program.
- Three letters of reference, at least one from an academic reference
- If you are a resident of any of the 15 western states in the WICHE-WRGP region, please attach the WRGP contract.pdf and a copy of your driver's license to the application under "supplemental documents" to be considered for resident tuition via WICHE-WRGP (if applicable).
- International applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency. You can view required scores on the Office of International Admissions website.