IMPORTANT: The MUD program is part of WICHE-WRGP, which allows residents of any of the 15 member states to pay only Colorado resident tuition. Read here for more information. Students who are residents of non-WICHE states can qualify for resident tuition after one year of Colorado residency.
The University of Colorado Denver Master of Urban Design Program seeks exceptional, engaged applicants who:
have demonstrated academic excellence and a professional degree,
are passionate about urban design,
are excited to study in downtown Denver and experience Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West,
and seek to enrich the program through their unique, diverse perspectives.
Pre-professional students can enter the MUD with advanced standing by first earning a professional Master's degree in the College of Architecture and Planning. For more information on the MArch + MUD, MLA + MUD or MURP + MUD, contact Rachael Kuroiwa, Manager of Admissions and Outreach.
Information about current tuition rates and fees is available here. The MUD program is part of WICHE-WRGP, which allows residents of any of the 15 member states to pay only Colorado resident tuition. Simply include a photocopy of your Driver’s License with your application. Read here for more information. Students who are residents of non-WICHE states can qualify for resident tuition after one year of Colorado residency.
Evidence of a professional degree in architecture, landscape architecture or planning
At least a 3.2 undergraduate or graduate cumulative GPA
A portfolio (8.5 × 11-inch bound document) that includes:
- Your statement of purpose to include your educational and professional goals
- Résumé describing your educational and professional background
- Examples of student or professional projects
- A list of courses that you have taken relating to design and planning
- A writing sample from previous professional or academic work
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores if available (not required for admission)
- A separate one-page statement indicating whether you would like to participate in the MUD Internship Program
Three letters of reference, at least one from an academic reference