The College of Architecture and Planning welcomes applications to our Master of Landscape Architecture program from students with a variety of professional and educational backgrounds. The faculty-led selection process aims to admit students who are likely to succeed in completing the requirements for the degree and whose interests fit with the program’s educational capacities. All of the required application materials help us to evaluate your potential for graduate study and to pair your interests with our strengths. No one component ensures or precludes admission; judgment is based on the entire application packet.
Students are admitted to begin classes in fall semester only.
• Online application
• Application Fee ($50 for U.S. students, $75 for International students)
• Statement of purpose
• Three letters of recommendation
• Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions (except study abroad experiences)
• Proof of English language proficiency (International students only; TOEFL or IELTS)
• GRE (not required, but recommended if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0)
• Portfolio that showcases your best work. Portfolios are submitted through Slideroom. Students with a degree in landscape architecture are expected to include studio work. Students with no background in landscape architecture should demonstrate their creative abilities through whatever media they are comfortable.
Your field of prior study can be open, but typically, successful applicants have one of the following areas of specialization:
For more information, please see our Master's Programs Admissions website or the University of Colorado Denver Admissions website.