The university’s approval process is outlined below for students, faculty, staff and outside entities to shoot photos, video or obtain other recordings on campus. A formal request is required and should be submitted as far in advance as possible (not less than two weeks). This process is designed to identify and address any risk and safety concerns along with determining the activity approval. Depending on the complexity, and/or if the request is from an outside entity, additional forms may be required. Please note, if certain services are required the requestor may be charged fees.
- Requestor may either contacts the university Customer Service Center at email@example.com or by calling 303-724-1777 for information on how to receive approval, or they can submit this checklist.
- Requestor completes the checklist and required forms based on their status. Requestor then e-mails the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dispatch forwards the e-mail to the university’s advisory committee for such matters, including a deadline for a response.
- The advisory committee participants follow up with the requestor regarding any specific questions/issues, then committee participants report back to the full committee with a summary of their recommendations—approval/denial—as soon as possible.
- Facilities Management Director will respond back to the requestor including a copy to the full advisory committee with the outcome, issuing a “permit” if approved.
NOTE: Failure by the requestor to produce a valid permit on request while on campus may result in the shoot being stopped by university authorities.