Iron Mountain provides document storage for a fee. The fee sheet can be found on the left hand side of this page. In order to have an account created for storage, to order supplies, have boxes placed in storage or to retrieve boxes from storage, you must send an email to email@example.com. Our overall account for the university is DY225.
If you experience issues with any of the functions regarding Iron Mountain, please contact Layna Breyare in Facilities Management at 303.724.0408 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departments are to work directly with their
departmental contact to obtain storage boxes, barcode labels and the
Iron Mountain form to be completed. The departmental contact coordinates
pick up and retrieval services with Iron Mountain.
Record retention policy instructions are provided to answer the most commonly asked questions.
The State of Colorado provides a list of retention schedules Schedule 8 - Higher Education (pdf) specifically for higher education. The schedule lists typical retention periods for documents produced at the university. Retention rules specific to financial records at the university are located in the Fiscal Policies section 5-4 (pdf). Retention rules specific to medical records are located in the Records Disposition Schedule (pdf). The Facilities Management Department has contracted with Iron Mountain, one of the premier record management companies in the field, to handle all record retention and destruction services.
Iron Mountain will provide:
· Tracking and security through bar-code labeling and scanning of each movement of a box.
· HIPAA compliance.
· State contracted pricing
· Departmental control of costs and savings through monthly billing statement and centralized control.
· Standard ‘next day’ service for pick-up and re-call.
· Web access availability for inquiries, requests and assistance.
· All previously stored records boxes will be cross-referenced to our old RSR process and be available through Iron Mountain by RSR reference should you need them.