The Curriculum Committee shall consist of at least six faculty members, four students, one representative of the pharmacy practice community, and report to the faculty and administration. The committee is a standing faculty committee in the School charged by the Dean to implement a systematic curricular review process that ensures all curricular offerings support the mission of the School and PharmD curriculum and enables the curriculum to remain contemporary and meet expectations of the profession.
Charges to the Committee:
- Provide guidance to the administration and faculty on the curriculum mission and goals.
- Assure that the professional curriculum meets or exceeds current accreditation standards.
- Report to the administration and faculty on all committee activities, processes, and procedures in a timely fashion.
- Assure that curricular outcomes remain relevant and that the curriculum meets all established program outcomes through a systematic review of courses, curriculum structure, content, and delivery.
- Establish, and monitor, and communicate standards regarding course syllabi and provide recommendations for course syllabi to faculty members.
- Collaborate with the Assessment Committee to monitor outcomes of PharmD courses, curricular flow, and curricular alignment.
- Collaborate with the DDP Committee to monitor outcomes of NTPD and ITPD courses, curricular flow, and curricular alignment.
2018-2019 Curriculum Committee
- Katy Trinkley, Chair
- Four Faculty Members
- Ex-Officio Members
- Lisha Bustos
- Kari Franson
- Paul Reynolds