The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (CU SDM), a collaborative partner on the Anschutz Medical Campus, is a diverse learning, clinical care and research community. The CU SDM is committed to integrated health that innovates, treats and discovers for the well-being of and in-service to local and global communities.
Statement of Vision
CU SDM will be recognized as the leading transformative dental institution that graduates future-ready practitioners to deliver research-informed person-centered care.
- Student Success - The School of Dental Medicine will provide contemporary educational programs that prepare general dentists and dental specialists with the knowledge, skills and values to practice dentistry as critical thinkers and lifelong learners, dedicated to fulfilling the public's trust.
- Collaborative Research - The School of Dental Medicine will increase research activities to contribute to the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge for society's benefit and to be consistent with the mission of the University of Colorado.
- Transformative Clinical Care - The School of Dental Medicine's patient care programs will provide quality, comprehensive oral health care with a focus on prevention, and serve as a clinical educational resource for dental, post-doctoral students and residents.
- Community Engagement - The School of Dental Medicine will provide oral health to underserved populations in our communities, and provide programs to benefit our alumni and other members of the dental profession in Colorado, across the country and around the world.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Humanism - The School's education, research and patient care programs will foster a culture of inclusion where diversity and difference are celebrated and a supportive environment for all students, faculty and staff exists.
- Resource Management - The School will ensure the appropriate utilization of resources while complying with federal, state and University regulations.