Skip to main content
Sign In

Types of Employment

Find the right type of employment to meet your needs.


Work-Study Employment

Work-Study is a financial aid award that allows undergraduate and graduate students to work part-time to earn money to pay for educational expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient's course of study. Students earning work-study funds are paid bi-weekly. If awarded work-study, students may search open positions on the Handshake job board.

Students can be awarded Federal or Colorado Work Study.

Student Hourly

Student Hourly positions are on-campus positions funded by a university department’s budget. Work-study and/or financial aid is not required for this type of employment. All hourly students must be enrolled in some credit-earning capacity during the semester in which you are employed. Students may search open positions on the Handshake​ job board.​​​

Regular Hourly

Regular Hourly positions are offered by businesses in the surrounding Denver community, and are not affiliated with the university. All students, regardless of enrollment or financial need, may apply for these positions through the Handshake​ job board.​​​​