The Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board is an administrative body established to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects recruited to participate in research activities conducted under the auspices of the University of Colorado Denver and its affiliates: Children's Hospital Colorado, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, University of Colorado Hospital, and the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System.
- Enjoy reading about research?
- Interested in contributing to science?
- Can you travel to UCD-Anschutz at least once a month?
- Are you comfortable using a computer and editing electronic documents?
- We cover campus parking fees and provide a small stipend for each meeting that you attend.
- Interested in becoming a member, or hearing more? Contact us at COMIRB@ucdenver.edu.
Are you interested in scientific research, but don’t have a lot of experience, and are interested in learning more? The Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB) at the University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus is looking for community reviewers to help provide feedback to research teams with their projects. Watch this video to learn more about IRB membership.
- Reviewing research study documents
- Presenting a succinct summary of the research, and discussing any questions or concerns
- Participating in board meetings, at least once a month, depending on availability
- Meeting days and times:
- Wednesdays and Fridays 1-4pm
- Fridays 8:30-11:30am
Qualities of a great member:
- Computer and internet access
- Detail oriented
- Clear communication
- Interest in research
- Willingness to learn
This is an excellent opportunity be a member of the scientific community! You will be compensated $100 per meeting for your time. Training will be provided. Want to know more about COMIRB? Check out our website: www.ucdenver.edu/research/comirb.