Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

The Office of Student Housing

Live-in Policy Exemptions

Applying for an Exemption to the Live-in Policy

Flowers on the Downtown Campus

First-time First Year students wishing to live with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) or who qualify under at least one of the exemptions listed below must submit the "Exemption Form" below to be considered for exception from the live-in policy.

Exemptions to this policy will be evaluated and made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please call the Office of Housing and Residential Education at 303.556.2444 or via email at

Exemptions to the First-Time First Year Live-in Requirement:

1.     You are over 21 years of age.

2.     You are/will be living with a parent or guardian.

3.     You are a veteran of the armed forces.

4.     You are married, in a civil union, or are a parent with dependents.

5.     You are a part-time undergraduate student enrolled for less than 10 credit hours   per semester.

6.     You are deemed medically excusable by the Office of Housing and Residential   Education (must be supported in writing by a medical professional stating a medical   reason the exemption is necessary and appropriate medical documentation).

7.     All other requests will be handled on a case by case basis.​

Exemption Form

If you have trouble viewng this form, click here

University of Colorado Denver

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.