The CU Denver Student and Community Counseling Center will temporarily close its physical location, but will be providing remote, online counseling services, effective Monday, March 16th, due to the developments related to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). This is following the protocol of the University of Colorado system as well as the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) recommendations for exposure. The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is our highest priority as we coordinate our planning and response.
We will be offering the following services via telehealth/online video calls:
- Crisis sessions to address acute mental health crises
- 30 minute drop-in sessions scheduled with a staff member
- Regular individual therapy sessions with your ongoing counselor
In order to access these telehealth services, you will need to do the following:
- Electronically sign a consent form agreeing to engage in online counseling services
- Have a stable internet connection and access to email in order to receive the encrypted Zoom invitation
to meet with a counselor
The CU Denver Student and Community Counseling Center virtual hours will be 9am- 5pm during this time. Please call our main phone line at 303-315-7270 for any questions or additional information.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this time.
The staff at the CU Denver Student and Community Counseling Center