Participating in New Student Orientation is your next step to officially becoming a CU Denver Student!
At orientation you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet your peers and make new friends
- Get CU Denver swag
- Receive an overview of CU Denver's academic programs and support services
- Meet your academic advisors
- Register for your first semester of classes
- Obtain your CU Denver student ID
Fall 2017 Admitted Students:
If your major is Pre-Architecture, Pre-Business, Pre-Engineering, Undeclared in Arts & Media or Undeclared in Liberal Arts & Sciences
, or if you were admitted to the College of Arts and Media*, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, School of Education & Human Development, or College of Architecture and Planning you may select from the following orientation dates: April 21 | May 5, 19, 26 | June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 | July 14, 21, 28*
| August 10
*Advisors from the College of Arts & Media will not be present at the July 28th session.
If you were admitted to the College of Engineering and Applied Science, you may select from the following orientation dates: April 21 | May 5, 19, 26 | June 2, 9, 16, 30 | July 21, 28 | August 10
If you were admitted to the Business School
, you may select from the following orientation dates: April 21 | May 5, 19 | June 2, 16, 30 | July 21, 28 | August 10
If you were admitted to the School of Public Affairs, you may select from the following orientation dates: April 21 | May 5, 19 | June 2, 16, 30 | July 21 | August 10
BEFORE attending orientation, complete the items on your Lynx List and do this pre-orientation survey. Access to the Lynx List is provided once you have selected an orientation date.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) Student:
- Need to complete the CLAS pre-advising module before
coming to your New Student Orientation session. If you have any
questions about the modules, please call the CLAS Advising Office at
What should you bring with you to orientation?
- Valid state ID
- Immunization records (easily obtained through your high school)
- Student ID number (located on your acceptance letter and UCDAccess Student Portal)
- UCDAccess Studet Portal log in credentials (needed to register)
- A list of AP, IB, or College Credit courses taken while in high school
- A form of payment, if you have not paid your $200 Advanced
Registration Payment prior to attending orientation (refer to Lynx List
for payment information)
- Financial aid documents - check your 'To Do' list in the UCDAccess Student Portal
What will the day look like?
07:45 – 08:25 AM
Check-in & Breakfast
08:30 – 09:00 AM
to CU Denver
09:00 – 09:25 AM
Office of Equity & Dean of Students
09:25 – 09:50 AM
Bursar & Financial Aid
09:50 - 10:00 AM First-Year Experiences
10:00 – 11:30 AM
Building Your First Semester
11:30 – 12:00
12:10 – 01:30
12:30 – 02:00
Where do I go for orientation?
Planning on bringing a guest?
There is a nonrefundable guest fee, which can be paid
when you are signing up for your orientation session via credit/debit
card or pay with cash at check-in on the day of your scheduled
orientation. If you are experiencing financial hardship please contact the Lynx Center at 303-315-5969.
Sign Up Today!
Signing up for orientation is easy, simply log into your UCDAccess Student Portal and click on 'Sign Up for Orientation' or call us at 303-315-LYNX(5969).
If you are not able to attend any of the campus sessions or if you have any questions, please contact the Lynx Center, LynxCenter@ucdenver.edu or call 303-315-5969.