The Loving Lynx Committee is a resource available for CU Denver students dealing with unanticipated events related (but not limited ) to: accidents, medical or dental emergencies, natural disasters, and/or a need for temporary housing. If you are unsure if your situation constitutes as an unanticipated event, we encourage you to contact the Dean of Student’s Office (Loving Lynx contact information listed below) to discuss your situation.
- Submit application by selecting button on the left. Student inquiries and applications will be reviewed in a timely matter
- Students will receive follow-up correspondence
- After submitting the application, from a committee member within two business days.
Please keep in mind-applications and inquiries will not be responded to on weekends or weekdays after 5pm. If you are in need of immediate assistance please utilize the following resources:
If you are currently experiencing a life-threatening situation please call 9-1-1.
CU Denver Food Pantry: provides access to non-perishable food and personal care items for CU Denver students in need; all CU Denver students welcome (must have current student ID). The CU Denver Food Pantry is located in Tivoli 127 and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm.
If funds are awarded to the student, this does not impact the student’s current financial aid package. However, additional campus and community resources will be explored and exhausted before funds are allocated. Funds will not be distributed unless the student is experiencing an unexpected financial hardship resulting from an emergency or crisis situation that threatens the student’s ability to successfully complete the current semester. Each application will be handled on a case by case basis, to be reviewed by the committee.
Student Eligibility Guidelines
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Must be experiencing an unanticipated event (as previously outlined)
- Must be currently enrolled and regularly attending at least one course at CU Denver
- You can provide sufficient documentation of current need
- You have not applied for Loving Lynx resources within the last 12 months
*Loving Lynx funds are not intended to substitute for the regular scholarship process or financial aid process. However, the committee may be able to assist in connecting the student with campus or community resources.
- Safety Needs (e.g. changing a lock)
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Short-term/emergency housing
Expenses that will not be covered:
- Normal and anticipated academic expenses (e.g. tuition, fees, health insurance, books, long-term housing expenses)
- Non-essential utilities
- Parking tickets
- Cost of entertainment or recreation
- Legal costs/fees
- Phone bills
**The above-mentioned expenses (both covered and uncovered) are not finite; each case is handled on an individual basis.
Loving Lynx Contact Information
Location: Tivoli 309