A postdoc's appointment may end for various reasons. Among typical reasons are:
- end of appointment period
- reaching term limit set by UC Denver's Postdoctoral Term Limits
- funding sources ending
- termination for cause
- Make certain all appropriate remedial actions have been taken prior to this action. Contact Human Resources for assistance with the process.
- Postdocs terminated for cause must have approval on the termination letter of notification PRIOR to delivery to the postdoc. It must be submitted to Human Resources, copied to the PDO, and will be placed on the Dean’s Personnel Action Report by the PDO.
Terminations (or separations) from the University shall be processed in the normal way as for any University employee, EXCEPT no leave payout is processed; unused leave shall be forfeited.
- Employing unit forwards to PDO at least one of the following termination documents:
- Copy of resignation letter from employee that includes reason for leaving, final work date, and forwarding information (email accepted), OR
- Copy of termination letter from employing unit to employee stating reason for termination and final work date, OR
- Copy of “Departure” document sent to ISSS regarding termination of visa period.
- Copy of sponsor’s termination notice documentation sent to OGC may also suffice.
- Employing unit enters termination row on HRMS.
- Employing unit requests Certificate of Completion for postdoc (optional).
4. Exit interview will be conducted, or exit information otherwise collected, by the PDO.