Note: Employment actions must be future-dated. At minimum, paperwork needs to meet deadlines for the Dean's Postdoc Action Report cycle that precedes the start date. Minimum lead time is two weeks or better.
PDO Submission Deadlines.pdf
Position Data: Approval by Department
Changes in position data in HRMS are completed by the department in preparation for a change to job data. Position data is approved within the department.
- The employing unit is responsible for setting funding distribution within HRMS.
- Only funding involved with an initial hire, changes due to transfers, or an increase or decrease in pay, need to be included in the documentation sent to and approved by the PDO.
- Units must comply with the policies of the funding agency supporting the position.
Job Data: Approval by Postdoctoral Office
Changes for the following reasons require the use of an addendum letter or some formal means of written communication giving notice. It means a change to the original (or current) letter of offer. These items are either put on the Dean's Postdoc Action Report and/or require signatures showing agreement, and/or need to be documented and put on file. Check with the PDO on what is acceptable.
Use the Addendum Template to Postdoctoral Letter of Offer
Include the cover page: POSTDOC EMPLOYMENT ACTION PAGE.dotx
Submit departmentally-signed paperwork to the PDO electronically, via email attachment to: Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu
- Changing the start date of appointment
- Off-cycle pay increases (not part of spring evaluation cycle) or decreases. Acceptable Reasons:
- Addition to job duties or areas of responsibility (i.e. supervision, budget management, etc.) **Must also submit two job descriptions: current and revised
- Funding sponsor mandated change
- Meeting new experience level (typically at anniversary of hire date)
- Equity increase toward experience level
- Funding source[es] decreased (provide documentation)
- Other: Provide clear explanation & documentation as requested by the PDO
- FTE or percent time change
- that is greater than 25% (this is to ensure that the fellow gets a copy and is in agreement with that change by having signed the addendum)
- that affects benefits (to above or below 50% FTE)
- Terminations by hiring unit: "For Cause", due to lack of funding, or anything other than resignation by employee. See Terminations/Separations page
- Any other significant change
Changes for these items require use of HRMS job notes, and an email to the PDO alerting to the need for on-line approval.
- Any change in FTE that is less than 25% and not changing benefit status
- Extending appointment end date
- LOA, LWOP and RFL
- FML – requires paperwork submitted to the HR FML liaison – Greg Rowe
- Any other change that requires HRMS job data row approval
At any point in the process, please contact the Postdoctoral Office Coordinator, Valerie Saltou, with any questions: 303-724-2930 or Valerie.Saltou@ucdenver.edu