The mission of Grants and Contracts is to provide service to principal investigators and administrators for the purpose of obtaining and administering extramural funds in compliance with University and sponsor guidelines.
Grants and Contracts assists University of Colorado Denver faculty in their efforts to secure external support for their instructional, research, public service, and scholarly activities. This includes:
- Budget review;
- Grant application and contract proposal review;
- Contract review, negotiation, and acceptance;
- Subrecipient agreement development, negotiation, and acceptance; and
- Providing advice on sponsor and University requirements.
Grants and Contracts is also responsible after award for compliance with non-technical sponsor requirements which include:
- Financial reporting and standard invoicing (e.g. does not include non-governmental clinical trial invoicing which is done by academic units);
- Providing advice on sponsor and University requirements;
- Acting as a liaison with sponsor contract/financial representatives;
- Cash management; and
- Acting as a liaison for audits of sponsored activity.
OGC also has responsibility for various systems required by the federal government, for providing management reports, and for keeping abreast of major grant/contract regulations changes.
For general Grants and Contracts information, call 303-724-0090, or for more contact information see Office Contacts.