The Student Council is a group of bachelor's nursing students who are interested in making every student’s experience at the College of Nursing extraordinary.
We meet the last Friday of every month and discuss opportunities for improving the College of Nursing's processes and procedures and to create social or fundraising events. Meetings are open to all students at any time, and we always welcome newcomers. We would love to hear what you have to say about your experiences here at the College of Nursing!
Student Council Mission
To serve as a liaison between the student body and administration, to promote student community through the sponsorship of activities and provide resources that aid students during their tenure at the College of Nursing.
- Patient-Centered Care
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality Improvement
- Peer Mentor Program - Providing Senior student guidance to incoming College of Nursing Juniors
- Communication - Acting as a liaison between the BS student body and the administration to facilitate proactive feedback, issue resolution and process improvements
- Community Outreach - Supporting students in opportunities to practice and hone their QSEN skills
- Fundraising - Offering College of Nursing merchandise or memorabilia with a portion of proceeds dedicated to student support and activities
- Recognition - Acknowledgment and support of groups and organizations that are in alignment with the goals of the BS student body and Student Council mission
- Unity - Hosting or sponsoring events that bring College of Nursing students together with their peers
Student Council Members and Peer Mentors