Applications Now on NursingCAS
*ATTENTION: All direct care Master's Specialty options will be migrating to a Post-BS to DNP option, starting Fall 2017, which means that to apply you'll need to be a baccalaureate-prepared nurse. For BS-DNP applicants, please visit our How to Apply page here. For indirect care MS applicants see requirements below.
The College of Nursing has moved our application process to NursingCAS effective February 2016. NursingCAS is an online application tool used by many schools and colleges of nursing to process applications. NursingCAS provides customer support and verification of materials received for you application.
NOTE: If you have applied for prior semesters and now want to reapply you will need to apply through NursingCAS and complete the application.
1. A nursing degree (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution. *Please note that individuals applying to the i-LEAD or Health Informatics option are not required to have a BSN degree. They may have an Associate Degree in Nursing and BA or BS degree in another field.
2. Nursing degree with CCNE or ACEN (formally NLNAC) program accreditation.
3. (1) copy of the official transcripts from each college or university ever attended will need to be submitted to NursingCAS. *Please note that current and previous University of Colorado (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs) students will need to request official transcripts be sent directly to NursingCAS.
4. Four (4) letters of professional reference - at least one academic reference is strongly recommended. (Submit requests for references to be uploaded electronically on your behalf by your reference writers in the "Evaluations" section of the application.)
5. Copy of current and unencumbered Colorado nursing license. (Please upload this item in the "Documents" section of the application.)
6. Out-of-state applicants must submit a copy of their current and unencumbered nursing license and must obtain a current Colorado nursing license prior to starting their program of study if doing clinical course work in Colorado. Please visit the Colorado Board of Nursing website for detailed information.
7. Minimum undergraduate nursing degree GPA of 3.0 or higher.
8. The GRE and/or (12) credits of graduate level coursework at a 3.0 or higher is required for those applicants whose undergraduate nursing degree GPA is less than 3.0. The official GRE score and/or graduate coursework must be completed prior to the application deadline.
9. Language Requirement - Please visit our website for language requirements.
10. Applicant Interview Day - Additional information will be forthcoming for applicants to the programs that participate in Interview Day.
11. In addition, ACPNP applicants must be certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
12. ACPNP should be fully credentialed and liscened practicing PNPs or FNPs through the State Board of Nursing.
13. ACPNP applications should have a minimum of one year of acute or urgent pediatric inpatient experience.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS SUBMISSION
Official transcripts must to be sent directly from the issuing institution's registrar's office to the following address:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION FEEThe University of Colorado College of Nursing requires a non-refundable $50.00 supplemental application fee.Through the following link, select the Nursing prompt from the program drop down menu and then Nursing - Supplemental Application Fee under the fee type drop down.
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Note: all applicants must submit the supplemental fee to be considered for our program. https://www.cusys.edu/admissions/nelnet/AMC.htmlAPPLICATION DEADLINE INFORMATION Although it is not required, all applicants are encouraged to submit their application to NursingCAS 6 weeks prior to the deadlines listed, as it can take up to 4-6 weeks for NursingCAS to receive and verify applicant transcripts. Please do not wait on transcripts and references/recommendations to be received by NursingCAS before submitting your application. This will help to ensure that your application is reviewed in a timely manner.
Applicants should monitor their NursingCAS
application portal daily after application submission for completion of tasks such as verification of transcripts. The University of Colorado College of Nursing will not provide application status updates. Notifications regarding your application will only be sent through the NursingCAS portal, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to check and complete necessary tasks if missing items are identified.
NOTE: This program does have state restrictions on distance education. For a list of state restrictions, please click here
: All materials submitted in support of your application become the property of University of Colorado College of Nursing. We cannot return materials or copies to applicants. Thank you for considering the University of Colorado for your graduate school needs.For more information, please click here.