The MS in Marketing degree is designed to provide the skill set necessary for you to succeed in middle (e.g., brand manager, advertising account executive) and upper level (e.g., CMO) positions in marketing, and for those who interface with an organization's markets (e.g., customer service or operations).
Your MS in Marketing degree from the University of Colorado Denver consists of 30 semester hours:
- 21 semester hours of marketing core courses
- 9 semester hours of graduate marketing electives
We highly recommend that one of the electives include a marketing-related internship, especially for those making a career change or without prior experience in marketing.
Further, as has been our policy, if you feel that you would benefit by substituting one or two graduate electives for a marketing elective, the Marketing Program Director will help to work out a plan designed to meet your specific career needs. You must complete the following 21 semester hours of marketing core courses and then you can choose from two paths to complete the remaining 9 semester hours. You can build your own MS Marketing degree or complete one of the seven specializations.
Marketing Core Requirements:
- Marketing Management BUSN6560
- Marketing Strategy MKTG6010
- Services Marketing MKTG6040
- Marketing Research MKTG6050
- International Marketing MKTG6020
- Buyer Behavior MKTG6060
- Marketing Dashboards and Scorecards MKTG6200