The specialization in Risk Management and Insurance is designed for students who are interested in pursuing or advancing a career the insurance industry, or other areas of risk management.
For more information about the RMI program, please visit the Risk Management and Insurance Program for opportunities within the program including program specific scholarships and events.
Students completing the Risk Management and Insurance specialization complete:
The MS in Finance and Risk Management Core Courses and the following in lieu of the finance electives.
Risk Management and Insurance Core courses
- Practical Enterprise Risk Management
- Principles of Risk and Insurance
- Corporate Risk Management
Elective courses (you will choose one)
You will choose an elective which may include subjects such as:
- Global Risk Management
- Business Firm Valuation
- Financial Innovations
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Futures and Options
- Financial Derivatives
- Real Options and Decisions Under Uncertainty
- International Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Modeling
- Entrepreneurial Financial Management
- Health Care Financial Management
- Actuarial Models
- Probabilistic Modeling