Recently, the healthcare industry his shifted its focus from using proprietary and expensive IT solutions to more innovative IT applications in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other Health Information Technology (HIT) innovations for sharing information effectively to help manage healthcare crisis. The courses within this specialization covers the evolving roles and importance of IT in healthcare industry; the innovative IT applications for delivering healthcare with reduced cost and increased quality; the management of healthcare using effective IT systems; and the security and privacy issues associated with health information. These courses will focus on how IT enabled health care organizations can integrate information from various resources, in order to deliver innovative IT solutions to meet unique requirements of health care industry.
You may take classes in such subjects as:
- Analysis, Modeling, and Design
- Database Management Systems
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Information System Security and Privacy
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- Introduction to Health Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Health Information Technology Management
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.