The Sports industry is the sixth largest industry in the United
States and the Sports and Entertainment industries are converging. To
become a professional in these industries, you need special skills.
Through this specialization, you gain the tools to get ahead in both the
sports management and entertainment management industries. View the Sports and Entertainment Specialization brochure.
The MBA with a Sports and Entertainment Specialization
There are two parts to an MBA with a specialization in Sports and Entertainment.
- Your MBA Core Courses which give you the breadth of an MBA degree.
- You will utilize 12 of your electives for Sports and Entertainment specialization courses which give you the tools for a Sports and Entertainment business career.
The Sports and Entertainment Business specialization may include courses in subjects such as:
- Sports and Entertainment Management
- Law and Negotiation in Sports and Entertainment
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Finance in the Sports and Entertainment Industries
- London Calling: Global Sports and Entertainment Management (travel study course)
- Internship (Sports and Entertainment)
An internship can set you apart from the rest as you move into your
career. Experts agree that hands-on experience is advantageous in
distinguishing a candidate from other job applicants. The Business
School is proactive in arranging internships to advance your career
opportunities. The internships in the Sports and Entertainment Business area are rewarded to our top students.
Example companies you may internship with include:
- Adrenalin, Inc.
- Anschutz Entertainment Group - Sports
- Anschutz Entertainment Group - Music/Entertainment
- Denver Broncos
- Denver Center for Performing Arts
- Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
- Liberty Media
- Los Angeles Galaxy
- Romani Group/Icon Venue Group
For more details, please schedule an appointment with an advisor.