More than ever before, major
companies and entrepreneurial ventures are seeking competitive
advantage and success by embracing sustainability — social and
environmental responsibility — as a core business strategy. Farsighted
leaders recognize that this new way of doing business requires skills in
sustainable management including social entrepreneurialism,
eco-efficiency, inter-disciplinary problem solving and a triple bottom
line approach of economics, environment and society.
Make your degree a green MBA by adding the Managing for
Sustainability specialization and learn what businesses are facing in a
world where resources are scarce, social safety nets are declining, and
customers and commentators are concerned about a company's investment
in corporate responsibility.
There are alternative ways to reduce the negative impact of economic activities through:
- sustainable finance and accounting
- corporate social responsibility
- social entrepreneurship
- green marketing
- carbon and climate management
Examine the role of business in fostering the long-term health and viability of communities, the environment and the company. View a Sustainability Specialization brochure
The MBA with Managing for Sustainability Specialization
There are two parts to an MBA with a specialization in Managing for Sustainability.
- Your MBA Core Courses which give you the breadth of an MBA degree.
- You will utilize 12 of your electives for Managing for Sustainability specialization courses which give you tools for an Managing for Sustainability career.
The Managing for Sustainability specialization may include courses in subjects such as:
- Managing for Sustainability
- Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Business Opportunity
- Accounting & Finance for Sustainability
- Business and the Natural Environment
- Marketing and Sustainability
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Management Research
- Global Climate Change
- Exploring Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship in the Developing World
- Sustainable Business/Corporate Social Responsibility
For more details, please schedule an appointment with an advisor.