Recently, the health care industry has shifted its focus from using proprietary and expensive IT solutions to more innovative IT applications, such as using e-marketplaces for procurement of supplies and sharing information effectively to help manage healthcare crisis.
In this specialization you will learn about:
- The evolving roles and importance of IT in health care industry
- The innovative IT applications for delivering health care with reduced cost and increased quality
- The management of health care using effective knowledge management systems
- The security and privacy issues associated with health information
The required specialization courses focus on how IT-enabled health care organizations integrate knowledge and information from various resources and deliver innovative IT solutions to meet the requirements of the health care industry.
- Health Care Systems HLTH6010
- Health Care Financial Management HLTH6040
- International Health Policy HLTH6070
- Health Field Studies HLTH6911
Health IT Management Courses
First complete two of the following:
- Introduction to Health Information Technology HLTH6071
- Fundamental of Health Information Technology HLTH6072*
- Information Systems Management and Strategy ISMG6180
And choose two of the following:
- Business Intelligence Systems ISMG6220
- Global Enterprise Systems ISMG6420
- Information Systems Security and Privacy ISMG6430
- Emerging Technologies ISMG6460
*This course is offered by the CU Denver Health Sciences Center and may be offered at the Anschutz Medical campus.