- CBHS 6622 Qualitative Research Methods
- Community-Based Research
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Adventure Education
- School Health and Happiness
- Curriculum Studies
- Educational Experience
Current Research Projects:
The Working to Improve School Health (WISH) grant project is designed to pursue four initiatives.
- Provide grant writing support for 36 rural school districts in the San Luis Valley and southeastern CO
- Develop and implement a district-level planning process to create wellness plans aligned with the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model
- Train and support school leaders statewide as facilitators of the AIM process
- Advance the work of the cross-institutional Advancing IDEAS for Health research collaborative, including synthesis of the literature of evidence-based practices for the WSCC model in schools; development and implementation of an innovation lab; and inquiry of the conditions under which school districts are able to make changes.
WISH is funded through a grant from The Colorado Health Foundation.
- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction, University of Denver, 2013
- MS, Experiential Education, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 2008
- BS, Interpersonal Communication, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, 2006