- American Indian and Alaska Native Health
- Health Literacy and Organizational Health Literacy
- Diabetes and Oral Health in Native Populations
- Health Promotion Intervention
Current Research Projects:
- Relationship of Parental Health Literacy with
Change over Time in Oral Health Outcomes among American Indian Children: Funded by the National Institute of Dental and
Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), the project involves testing a theoretical
framework aimed at clarifying how parental health literacy is associated with
change over time in oral health outcomes among American Indian children.
- Center for American Indian and Alaska Native
Diabetes Translational Research: Funded by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and
Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), the center provides services and consultation to
support translational research focusing on diabetes in Native populations.
- Culturally Tailoring a Dietary Support Program
for Tribal and Urban American Indians and Alaska Natives:
Funded by the American
Diabetes Association (ADA), the project involves formative research to support
development of a culturally tailored version of the ADA’s “What Can I Eat?”
diabetes nutrition curriculum.
- Supporting American Indian/Alaska Native
Mothers and Daughters in Reducing Gestational Diabetes Risk: Funded by the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), the
project involves development and testing of a pre-conception counseling
intervention to reduce gestational diabetes risk among overweight American
Indian and Alaska Native adolescents.
- Assessing the Quality of Liver Transplant
Education: A Patient-Centered Approach: Funded by the University of Colorado Department of Surgery, the
project involves health literacy evaluation of written materials provided to
patients undergoing evaluation for liver transplant.
CBHS 6615: Health Literacy & Public Health
PBHL 2001: Introduction to Public Health
PBHL 4040: Social Determinants of Health
- Smith College, BA, Psychology, 1990
- University of Colorado Boulder, MA, Social Psychology, 1995
- University of Colorado Boulder, PhD, Social Psychology, 1998
Please visit MyBibliography website for updated