Welcome to the first step in internationalizing your education and life! A rapidly changing and global world demands experienced understanding of different cultures and the world. Global Education serves UC Denver students with access to quality international programs and opportunities that suit the needs and constraints of UC Denver students. All University of Colorado Denver students may include international learning opportunities into their course of study.
CLAS students are encouraged to participate in a study abroad program in the region they choose as their specialization. Visit with a Global Education Advisor or Student Peer Mentor to determine what program is best for you. In the meantime, get your FAQs answered here.
As you think about the type of program best suited to you, consider the following:
- Why are you studying abroad?
- What do you want to learn? Another culture, a skill, a language, different perspectives on your discipline?
- How much are you prepared to invest in your time abroad?
- How long can you be away?
- How much can you afford?
- Where do you want to go? Why?
- Please note that the major advisor must approve the study program in advance and no more than eighteen credit hours from a study abroad program can apply to the major.
- The courses applied to the major must also be approved by their respective disciplines.
- Travel-study courses which are UCD resident courses will not count against the residency requirement for the major.
Students should contact the International Education Office for more information concerning study abroad opportunities (located at the 9th floor Lawrence Street Center, 303.315.2230) or visit the Study Abroad website.