The University of Colorado Denver requires that new all students meet with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in classes for their first semester here.
New freshmen meet with an academic advisor as part of New Student Orientation, while new transfer students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are required to attend a Transfer Advising Group Session (TAGS).
However, if you are a new student but will not be able to attend your required advising session because you are out-of-state, please follow the steps below. By completing these steps, you may schedule a phone appointment to complete the academic advising component of your registration process.
Note: New Freshman must still contact the New Student Orientation office at (303) 315-3503, as well.
CLAS Out-of-State Advising Steps:
- View the Advising 1001 presentation above (requires Adobe Flash player or Prezi app) on the components of a degree, CORE, and graduation requirements. You can also download a PDF file of the presentation here.
- After viewing the presentation, you will need to complete a short advising survey, via a link on the final slide.
- After you have completed the survey, please email your advisor directly to set up a phone appointment, according to the first letter of your last name:
- A, B, V - Cecilio.Alvarez@ucdenver.edu
- C, D, E - Sheryl.Coffey@ucdenver.edu
- F, G, H - Sneha.Hamilton@ucdenver.edu
- I, J, K, L, X, Y, Z - Kenneth.English@ucdenver.edu
- M, N, O - Jeff.Schweinfest@ucdenver.edu
- R, P, Q, W - Marisa.Ligons@ucdenver.edu
- S, T, U - Kerri.Moncrieff@ucdenver.edu
Please include the following in your email to your advisor:
- your CU Denver student ID number
- the best phone number to reach you
- the date that you completed the advising survey.
Please explain in the email that you are a new CLAS student and are unable to come to Orientation, if you are a freshman, or TAGS, if you are a transfer student.