|The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences requires that new all students meet with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in classes for their first semester here, either as part of New Student Orientation or at a Transfer Advising Group Session (TAGS).
However, if you are a new student but will not be able to attend your required advising session because you are out-of-state, please follow the steps below. By completing these steps, you can schedule a phone appointment with your advisor. Note: New, out-of-state freshman must still also contact the New Student Orientation office at (303) 315-3503.
CLAS Out-of-State Advising Steps:
1. View* or download the Advising 1001 presentation below:
*Requires Flash player plugin or Prezi mobile app for iOS or Android. You can also download a PDF version of the presentation here.
2. After viewing the presentation, you will need to complete a short advising survey, via a link on the final slide.
3. After you have completed the survey, please email your CLAS advisor directly to set up a phone appointment, according to the first letter of your last name (teacher education students, see Chris Ricciardi's information below). Please allow your advisor at least two business days to respond to your email:
- A, B - Cecilio.Alvarez@ucdenver.edu
- C, D, E - Sara.Herkes@ucdenver.edu
- F, O, V, Teacher Education - Christopher.Ricciardi@ucdenver.edu
- G, H, I - Sneha.Hamilton@ucdenver.edu
- J, K, L, X, Y, Z - Kenneth.English@ucdenver.edu
- M, N - Jeff.Schweinfest@ucdenver.edu
- R, P, Q, W - Marisa.Ligons@ucdenver.edu
- S, T, U - Kerri.Moncrieff@ucdenver.edu
Please include the following in your email to your advisor:
- your CU Denver student ID number
- the best phone number to reach you
- the date that you completed the advising survey
- the reason you are unable to come to Orientation on campus (if you are a freshman) or unable to come to TAGS (if you are a transfer student).