College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Types of Advising Services
A previously scheduled appointment for comprehensive, face-to-face time with your assigned academic advisor.
Not recommended for:
- Students who have not met previously with an advisor
- Students looking for help picking out a full schedule of classes
30 minutes maximum
Call 303-556-2555 to schedule an appointment
Come prepared with questions to make full use of your time
Arrive at your appointment on time. If more than 10 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule
- Complete progress evaluation
- Senior review of credits to determine eligibility for graduation
- New transfer students who have already completed a transfer advising group session
- Graduation check
A short face-to-face interaction with your assigned academic advisor on a first-come/first-serve basis.
Note: Expect to wait in line, particularly during peak advising periods
NOT recommended for:
- First visit by new students
- Undergraduate Teacher Education students
- Graduation checks
- Partial review of academic progress
- Requests for overloads, study abroad, and other signatures
- Submit late withdraw / add petitions
- Referrals to other offices
|Scheduled Telephone Advising
An arranged telephone conversation with assigned advisor to discuss academic progress. Typically for online or out-of-state students.
Note: Telephone appointments are arranged at the discretion of the assigned advisor for students whose personal/work responsibilities prevent them from meeting thier advisor in person at the CLAS Advising Office.
30 minutes maximum
An academic evaluation is completed by the assigned advisor and e-mailed or faxed to the student prior to the arranged time.
- Online students who will complete their entire degree online. Note: Denver metro area online students are expected to take time to meet with their assigned academic advisors in person on a regular basis.
- New transfer students who will not be in Colorado prior to the start of the term.
|Telephone Call Or E-mail Advising
Short general questions for your assigned academic advisor.
Note: The extent of e-mail and phone interaction is at the discretion of the advisor. If questions involve reviewing student’s academic record fully, student will be required to schedule an appointment with assigned advisor.
Student will have previously met with assigned advisor. Advisors return calls and e-mails within 72 hours or three business days.
- Feedback about a schedule change.
- Questions about individual courses meeting core requirement.
- Clarifications of issues raised during an appointment.