Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

CLAS Advising

College of Liberal Arts and sciences

Declare your CLAS Major

This is an important step in completing your baccalaureate degree.  Undeclared liberal arts and science students, and students changing their major within CLAS, can do this without an appointment by following the steps below:

  • Complete and submit your Major/Minor - Declaration/Change form in the CLAS advising office, NC 4002.
  • Schedule an appointment to meet with your major/minor advisor to make certain you are familiar with all the requirements and expectations of your new, major department.
  • Schedule an appointment with your CLAS advisor if you need information about co-ordinating core requirements with your major requirements.

Note: You now have a minimum of two (2) advisors, a CLAS Advisor and a Major Advisor. If you declare more than one major and/or minor, you are required to meet the advisor in that department as well. Failure to meet with your advisors could delay your date of graduation.

If you are changing colleges (coming from Buisness, Engineering, Arts and Media, etc.) your will will need to schedule an appointment to talk with a CLAS advisor.