Research Assistant Professor
Office: NC 5002E
Office Phone: 303-556-6001
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, 2003, University of Houston, Houston, TX.
- M.A. in Psychology, 2001, University of Houston, Houston, TX.
- B.A. in Psychology, 1995, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA.
- Research Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Denver, Department of Psychology, 2006- present.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Department of Behavioral Science, 2004-2006
Select Honors and Awards
- National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute Fellowship Training Grant in Cancer Prevention National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program, 2004-2006 Intercultural Cancer Council Scholarship, 2004.
- Group interventions for prevention and treatment of post-partum depression
- Developing internet-based CBT psychological interventions
- Coping with infertility after cancer and cancer treatment/ parenthood after cancer
- Coping with breast cancer (females and males)
- Health disparities research in women, minority groups and underserved populations
- Post-partum adjustment
- Coping with infertility
- Coping with cancer
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for mood and anxiety disorders
Schover, L.R., Jenkins, R., Sui, D., Adams, J.H., Marion, M.S., Jackson, K.E. (2006). A randomized trial of peer counseling on reproductive health in African-American breast cancer survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 24(10), 1620-6.
Adams, J. H., Gruber, N. P., & Hays, J. R. (2006). Interrater reliability of scores derived from two methods for scoring the Clock Drawing Test. Psychological Reports, 98, 39-42.
Adams, J.H. & Schover, L.R. (2005). Female sexual function after breast cancer. References in Gynecology and Obstetrics (11), S264-S270.
Rehm, L. P., & Adams, J. H. (2003). Self-Management. In W. O. Donohue, J. Fisher, & S. Hayes (Eds.). Empirically supported techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy: A step-by-step guide for clinicians. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.