Minor in Psychology
- At least 15 hours of psychology (grades of C or better), including:
- PSYC 1000, Introduction to Psychology I
- PSYC 1005, Introduction to Psychology II
- ONE of the following TWO courses:
- PSYC 3222, Principles of Learning and Behavior
- PSYC 4144, Human Cognition
- ONE of the following THREE courses:
- PSYC 3205, Human Development I: Child Development
- PSYC 3305, Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 4415, Experimental Social Psychology
- One additional 3 credit course in Psychology
- At least 6 of the 15 hours above must be upper division credit hours taught by UCD faculty.
- Because the minor is optional, there are no substitutions to these requirements.
- Psychology courses in which a student earns a C- or lower do NOT count toward the minor requirements.
Minor in Behavioral Cognitive Neuroscience
- At least 15 semester hours with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course.
- At least 9 upper-division semester credit hours (3000-4000 level courses) must be taken from CU Denver faculty.
- ALL of the following courses must be taken:
PSYC 1000 - Introduction to Psychology I
PSYC 2220 - Biological Basis of Behavior
- Take ONE of the following Cognitive Neuroscience courses:
PSYC 3144 - Human Cognition
PSYC 3205 - Human Development I: Child Psychology
PSYC 3222 - Principles of Learning and Behavior
PSYC 3305 - Abnormal Psychology
PSYC 3810 - Neuropsychology
- Take ONE of the following Behavioral Neuroscience courses:
PSYC 3104 - Behavioral Genetics
PSYC 3254 - Introduction to Animal Behavior
PSYC 3262 - Health Psychology
PSYC 3263 - Hormones and Behavior
PSYC 3265 - Drugs, Brain and Behavior
PSYC 3724 - Developmental Psychobiology
PSYC 3822 - Aging, Brain, and Behavior
PSYC 3832 - Neural Basis of Learning
PSYC 4054 - Behavioral Neuroscience
PSYC 4164 - Psychology Perception
BIOL 4165 - Neurobiology
- Take ONE additional course from either the Cognitive Neuroscience or Behavioral Neuroscience lists
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If a student is a Psychology major (either a Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science), their PSYC 1000 and PSYC 2220 courses do not count toward this minor. Additionally, if a student is a Bachelor of Science Psychology major, the PSYC 4054 course does not count toward this minor. As a substitution, for these courses Psychology B.A majors must take an additional 2 courses from either the Cognitive Neuroscience and/or Behavioral Neuroscience category lists above. For B.S. in Psychology majors, an additional 3 courses from these lists must be taken to substitute for PSYC 1000, 2220, and 4054. These courses must be beyond the courses the students are already taking to fulfill their major core requirements, including beyond any upper division Psychology courses used to fulfill core electives for B.S. degree. **Thus, to fulfill this minor a non-Psychology major must successfully complete a total of 5 courses, including PSYC 1000, 2220, and 3 of the upper division courses from the 2 lists above, with at least one course from each of the lists. Psychology majors must complete a total of 5 courses from the two lists above with a minimum of 1 from each category.**