The writing minor allows students to complement their area of major study with systematic experience in writing.
Students minoring in writing must complete a total of 15 hours (excluding ENGL 1010, 1020 and 2030).
None of the required 15 hours may be taken pass/fail. Only courses completed with a grade of C (2.0) or better may be counted toward the minor.
A minimum of nine upper division hours of work in the minor must be taken with Downtown Denver Campus English faculty.
Students are encouraged to take ENGL 1020 and ENGL 2030 before beginning the minor. (ENGL 2154 and ENGL 2030 can be taken concurrently.)
I. Required Courses (nine credit hours)
- ENGL 2060, Introduction to Writing Studies
- ENGL 3084, Multimedia Composition
- ENGL 3160 Language Theory or ENGL, 4080 History of the English Language
II. Area Requirements (three credit hours): Choose one course.
- ENGL 3154, Technical Writing
- ENGL 3170, Business Writing
- ENGL 4190, Special Topics in Rhetoric and Writing (non-repeatable)
III. Electives (three credit hours): Choose one course.
- Any one ENGL 3000 or 4000 level course.
Completed minor equals 15 credit hours.