The purpose of this organization is to promote and
foster the continuing education and careers of women in the science,
technology, engineering and mathematics at University of Colorado at Denver.
- To serve as a forum for discussion of issues relevant
to women in scientific fields; and to address these issues and affect changes
in the current paradigm.
- To promote the growth of the number of women
successfully pursuing advanced scientific fields of study, research and the
- To serve the college by providing a forum of support
for women currently pursuing a degree in the sciences.
- To foster the continued interest of women in scientific
studies and careers.
- To support and empower each member of the organization
in their career goals and aspirations.
- To share specific strategies for more effective
balancing of career and personal life.
Dr. Annika Mosier, Faculty Sponsor (UCD Dept. of Integrative Biology)
Sanjana Garimella, President
Hithaishini Kodicherla, Vice President
Olivia Nohrenhold, Officer of Records & Communication
Our meetings are on the second Wednesday of each month
Science Building, Room 1115, 6:30pm
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, Sanjana Garimella.
See our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UCDWISTEM
‘Wonder Women of STEM’ Panel Event
Date: Friday, April 29, 2016
Location: Academic Building (Student Commons), Room 2500
Sponsored by the CU Denver WiSTEM student organization
The ‘Wonder Women of STEM’ Panel Event will showcase five successful women in diverse STEM careers (including medicine, psychology, technology, and biostatistics). Each panelist will describe their career path and experiences that helped them succeed in their careers. The event will be informative, inspiring, and a great opportunity to network with professional women in STEM and students interested in the STEM fields.
- Heather Lee, Physician Assistant, North Range Behavioral Health and the Wholeness Center
- Laura Judd-Glossy, Pediatric Psychologist/Assistant Professor at Children's Hospital Colorado
- Heidi Chial, Writing Specialist at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and President/CSO at BioMed Bridge
- Audrey Hendricks, Assistant Professor, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences Department, University of Colorado, Denver
- Suma Nallapati, Colorado Secretary of Technology & State Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Wonder Woman Event.pdf