The Graduate Drop Box is fully integrated within WCOnline.
This service is reserved exclusively for graduate students.
Undergraduates: Please see the After Hours Drop Box page.
Faculty: please see the Faculty Drop Box page.
To get started using the Graduate Drop Box, login to WCOnline and choose the Graduate Drop Box schedule from the dropdown menu. If you don't yet have an account, you'll first need to register.
This service provides:
- focused feedback on a maximum of 50 pages of writing
- commentary on up to 3 higher order concerns (thesis, argument, analysis, organization, etc.)
- commentary on up to 2 lower order concerns (grammar, syntax, citation, word choice, etc.)
- feedback within 4 days (96 hours)
- You are limited to one submission/appointment per week.
- You must attach a file to your appointment by the start time of your appointment or your appointment will be canceled. The appointment confirmation window will prompt you to do so. If you miss this link or need to attach a different file, click on the yellow file icon beneath your name on the main scheduling grid page. (Do so immediately, as the consultant could begin reviewing your file at any time.)
- When your submission has been reviewed, you will receive a total of 3 auto-notification emails from The Writing Center at CU Denver. Attached to the first email will be a letter explaining the consultant's feedback on your document, and the second email will contain the document you uploaded for review, with comments from the consultant. The final email asks you to "Please provide feedback..." about your session. Please note that these emails sometimes hit the Junk folder.
Other Important Policies:
- The expected wait time to have a paper reviewed is 4 days from the appointment date you select within the WCOnline schedule. If we can respond sooner, we will, though this is never guaranteed.
- For example: If your appointment is at 10am on Monday, you will receive feedback no later than Friday at 10am.
- This is not a copyediting service: Consultants will not edit, proofread, or rewrite your paper for you. They will provide general and specific feedback about how your writing (and document) can be improved. For more focused help on the grammatical aspects of your paper, please make an appointment for our in-person or synchronous online services
- Confirmation of visit forms will not be
provided for Drop Box sessions; the letter and comments on your draft
can be used as proof of attendance.
- FINALLY: Please do not simultaneously submit a document to the Graduate Drop Box AND make in-Center or synchronous online appointments to work on the same composition without first speaking with the Director or Assistant Director.