As of Spring 2013, we've abandoned Adobe Connect in favor of the online consulting environment within WCOnline, our scheduling system. Keep reading below for more information on the new platform. We also strongly recommend you get to know the new space and its capabilities by watching this introductory video.
The Writing Center offers students whose schedules do not match those of our physical locations, or those who prefer to do their work from the comfort of home, the ability to work on their writing online with a consultant. As in the Center(s), all appointments are 50 minutes in length and require an appointment. This service is synchronous — students and consultants are online at the same time.
Important Note About Connecting While on Campus:
If you try to join an online session while physically on the Denver or Anschutz Medical Campuses, you won't be able to enter the online rooms while connected to the open Auraria Campus or Guest wifi networks. You must be connected to an ethernet port (via a cord) or the UCDenver wifi network, which requires that you login with your username and password. If you need help connecting to the UCDenver wifi, please follow the directions on the following IT Services page: https://xpressconnect.ucdenver.edu/
EVENING: Every Night Please login to WCOnline to see May/Summer hours
6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
To make an Evening appointment, follow these steps:
- Select the 'Online' schedule from the drop-down menu on This WCOnline Scheduling Page. Then make an appointment in an available timeslot between 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- Once an appointment is made successfully, the pop-up window will prompt, "If you would like to attach a file to this appointment, click here." If you're ready, please attach whatever file you'd like to work on during the appointment. If you're not ready, you can either return to the Online schedule later and attach a file by clicking the yellow folder in the upper left-hand corner of the screen (and then selecting your appointment) or by simply bringing the file with you to the appointment, at which point the consultant will walk you through the uploading process.
- At least 5 minutes before your appointment is set to begin, please login to the Online schedule of WCOnline, select your appointment box, and click the red text that reads, "Start or Join Online Consultation." The consultant will join the online room at your scheduled session start time. NOTE: Each online consulting room is unique to each appointment, which means you can enter before your scheduled session (to get acquainted with the room or upload a file) or after your scheduled session (to see the whiteboard or chat portion of your session).
DAYTIME: Monday — Friday Please login to WCOnline to see May/Summer hours
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Mon-Thurs) / 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Fri)
To make a Daytime appointment:
- Select the 'Denver Campus' schedule from the drop-down menu on This WCOnline Scheduling Page. Then look for a flex consultant with the text "Face-to-face or online" beneath her/his name. If an appointment is available with one of these consultants, click the white box, and in the dropdown menu next to "Meet Online?," select "Yes - Meet Online."
- Once an appointment is made successfully, follow the remaining steps in the above Evening appointment section.
Please note that students can make either online or face-to-face appointments with these flex consultants, which means that if a face-to-face appointment is made for the Center, it's possible that no online appointments will be available for that hour. Please plan ahead if you wish to take advantage of daytime online appointments.