The After Hours (24/7) Drop Box is for all CU Denver | Anschutz | South Denver students
Graduate students: please see the Graduate Drop Box page.
Faculty: please see the Faculty Online Drop Box page.
When all other locations and services are closed, the After Hours Drop Box provides a location for students to submit their work and receive feedback within 24 hours (of the appointment start time on the schedule).
To get started using the After Hours Drop Box, login to WCOnline and choose the After Hours (24/7) Drop Box schedule from the dropdown menu. If you don't yet have an account, you'll first need to register.
This service provides:
- focused feedback on a maximum of 10 pages (2500 words) of writing
- commentary on up to 2 higher order concerns (thesis, argument, analysis, organization, etc.)
- commentary on a maximum of 1 lower order concern (grammar, syntax, citation, word choice, etc.)
- feedback within 24 hours
- You are limited to one submission/appointment per week.
- You must attach a file to your appointment by the start time of your appointment or your appointment will be canceled. The appointment confirmation window will prompt you to do so. If you miss this link or need to attach a different file, click on the yellow file icon beneath your name on the main scheduling grid page.
- When your submission has been reviewed, you will receive a total of 3 auto-notification emails from The Writing Center at CU Denver. Attached to the first email will be a letter explaining the consultant's feedback on your document, and the second email will contain the document you uploaded for review, with comments from the consultant. The final email asks you to "Please provide feedback..." about your session. Please note that these emails sometimes hit the Junk folder.
Other Important Policies:
- This is not a copyediting service: Consultants will not edit, proofread, or rewrite your paper for you. They will provide general and specific feedback about how your writing (and document) can be improved. For more focused help on the grammatical aspects of your paper, please make an appointment for our in-person or synchronous online services
- Confirmation of visit forms will not be
provided for After Hours Drop Box sessions; the letter and comments on your draft
can be used as proof of attendance.
- FINALLY: Do not simultaneously submit a document to the After Hours Drop Box AND make in-Center or synchronous online appointments to work on the same composition.