Narrative Writing for Middle School Teachers
January 24, 2015-May 23, 2015
Meeting Dates: 1/24, 2/21, 3/21, 4/18, 5/23
Times: 10:00 AM– 12:00 PM
This five-week workshop is designed for middle school teachers of writing in any content area. The focus will be on Narrative Writing. We will look at alignment with State Standards. Participants will explore a different type of narrative each session and will have opportunities to discuss other successful ideas for teaching narrative.
- Dates: 1/24, 2/21, 3/21, 4/18, 5/23
- Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Location: CU Denver, Auraria Campus: Plaza Mezzanine Room 204
- Stipend for Participation: We will provide a $100 stipend to participants who attend all five meetings.
- Materials: A copy of Mentor Authors, Mentor Texts by Ralph Fletcher is included with registration.
- Credit: DWP will provide a certificate for completion of 10 hours of Professional Development
- Register: https://www.regonline.com/narrativewritingformiddleschoolteachers
- More Info: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-556-8394
DWP’s 14th Annual Advanced Institute
June 8th-12th, 2015
Please feel free to invite colleagues and friends to attend these events. You don’t have to be a DWP teacher to participate in our programs.
DWP’s Annual Invitational Summer Institute
June 8th-26th, 2015
- Days/Times: Monday through Friday from 9AM to 4PM
- Location : CU Denver, Auraria Campus
- Small stipend will be offered for participation ($300.00).
- Graduate Credit (up to six credit hours) is available (and optional) at CU Denver tuition rates.
- More Information: Visit the Summer-Institute page.
- Applications are due by February 28th. Applicants will be contacted in March.
June 22-26th, 2015
Tech Matters is a supportive and empowering workshop open to all K-16 educators and administrators. No prior tech experience is necessary.
us for an inspiring week of learning, connecting, hacking, and playing.
We will explore connected learning's power to promote social justice in
and out of school through the use of storytelling. Our theme for 2015
Where: Denver Firefighters Protective Association, 2348 Broadway, Denver, Colorado
Credit: DWP will provide a
certificate for completion of 30 hours of professional development.
(CEUs) available for an additional tuition cost of $100.
- Stipend: This program is grant funded. Participants will earn a $100.00 stipend for sharing your talents on all five days of the TM institute.
More Info: Contact us by phone at (303) 556-8394 or email: email@example.com
- Registration: Secure online registration.