The Denver Writing Project has many working groups. These groups meet year round to accomplish the goals and missions of the DWP and the NWP. We currently have openings for help in the areas of Technology and Advocacy. Most positions are unpaid and require a small time commitment of 10-30 hours per year.
Each working group includes a mix of teachers from various content areas, grade levels, and school districts. We feel it's important to acheive this balance to best differentiate our expertise and meet the needs of our service area (Denver and the surrounding area).
Active Working Groups:
- Technology: Shelly Smith, Molly Robbins, and Audra Binney
- Young Writers Camp: Sarah Woodard, Andrea Modica, Catherine Wilson, Sadie Levine, Shannon Styers, Joe Dillon, Elizabeth Maloney, Lauren Lionetti Zuiker, Natalie Berges-Tucker, Lisa Renwick Antweiler, and others (participation adjusts based on camp sizes and locations)
- Local and National Advocacy: Miranda Egger & Rich Argys
- Retreat Coordination: Alice Smith and Kyle Crawford
- Literacy in the Common Core: Sarah Woodard, Molly Robbins, Jessica Cuthbertson, Joe Dillon, and Shannon Styers
- Newsletter Curation, Design, and Editing: Julie Vick and Maryann Hoffmann
- Writing Workshop for Primary Grades: Keith Garvert
All teacher consultants are invited to particulate in our Working Groups.
If you are interested in joining any of our working groups, please contact Cathy Casper, and she will connect you with the group leader.