The Denver Writing Project has many working groups. These groups meet year round to accomplish the goals and missions of the DWP and the NWP. Most positions are unpaid and require a small time commitment of 10-30 hours per year.
We currently need the most help with marketing and advocacy efforts.
Each working group includes a mix of teachers from various content areas, grade levels, and school districts. We feel it's important to acheive this balance to best differentiate our expertise and meet the needs of our service area (Denver and the surrounding area).
Active Working Groups:
- Summer Institute Coordination: Nicole Piasecki, Richard Argys, Keith Garvert, and Abbi Heller
- Technology: Shelly Smith, Molly Robbins, and Audra Binney
- Young Writers Camp: Sarah Woodard, Shannon Hanshen, Joe Dillon, Elizabeth Maloney, Lauren Lionetti Zuiker, Natalie Berges-Tucker, Lisa Renwick Antweiler, Raylene Kaufman, Jennifer Henderson, and others (participation adjusts based on camp sizes and locations)
- Local and National Advocacy: Miranda Egger
- Marketing: Open Volunteer Position - Apply with letter of interest to email@example.com
- Retreat & Advanced Institute Coordination: Alice Smith and Kyle Crawford
- Literacy in the Common Core: Sarah Woodard, Molly Robbins, Jessica Cuthbertson, Joe Dillon, and Shannon Hanshen
- Newsletter Curation, Design, and Editing: Julie Vick and Maryann Hoffmann
- Writing Workshop for Primary Grades: Keith Garvert
- Narrative Writing Workshop for Middle School Teachers: Cathy Walker-Gilman
All teacher consultants who have participated in the Invitational Summer Institute are invited to particulate in our Working Groups. Leadership opportunities begin on a volunteer basis and, in some cases, lead to part-time, stipended, annual positions.
If you are interested in joining any of our working groups, please contact Cathy Casper, and she will connect you with the group leader. We can always use more help creating impactful opportunities for students and teachers. We welcome your ideas and may be able to support work that you initiate in your own school community if it aligns with our mission and strategic plan.