DWP Young Writers Camps for June 2014
Camp 1: Auraria Young Writers Camp
- Where: Our main Young Writers Camp takes place on the scenic Auraria Campus in Denver, Colorado.
- Who: Students going into 5th-12th Grades.
- What: Spend five days with other kids and teens (Grades 5-12) who love to write and want to improve their craft.
- When: June 9-13, 2014. 9:00 - 3:00
- Teachers: Our camps are facilitated by licensed Colorado classroom teachers including: Joe Dillon, Shannon Hanschen, Molly Robbins, Linda Chase, Andrea Modica, Sarah Woodard.
- Tuition: $190 per student **Partial scholarships available based on evidence of financial need. We offer a 10% discount to 2 or more registrants paying with the same card.
- Click here to register.
The NWP/DWP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
**Attention Young Writers!**
Do you love to write? Are you a budding poet, flourishing story writer, or even future famous author? Would you like to write in a relaxed, social atmosphere? If so, join us for Young Writers Camp at CU-Denver’s scenic Auraria Campus! Spend a fun-filled week of your summer with other young writers exploring and developing your own creative writing abilities. Who knows whom you’ll meet and what you’ll write? The only way to find out is to apply today.
2014 Guest Writers
Writers Workshop I
Grades 5-8: This camp is designed for the pre-teen writer who is passionate about writing and wants to meet other young writers who share their interests. Participants will engage in daily writing challenges and activities designed to help them transfer their ideas into exciting pieces of writing. Each young writer will be able to write in small groups and individually with the guidance of a camp writing instructor. Each day will focus on a different genre of writing. Young writers will also interact with published and professional writers in age appropriate writing workshops. By the end of camp, each young writer will have several well-developed pieces.
Writers Workshop II
Grades 9-12: Writers Workshop is geared toward teen writers who are interested in enriching their writing lives and experiences. Participants are expected to bring one or two pieces of writing that they would like to share in a writer’s group and workshop. The goal is to have one or two polished pieces by the end of the week. Writers will focus on various genres of writing using activities and exercises to broaden their writing experiences. Teen writers also will have the opportunity to participate in daily writing workshops with guest writers from the Denver community. Writers also love to read! Teen writers will partake in discussions about what they are reading, recommend books, and discuss shorter pieces of writing throughout the week.
Past Young Writers Camps
Jeffco Young Writers Camp
- Where: Hackberry Hill Elementary
- Who: Open to students going into 3rd grade – students going into 6th grade
- When: June: 24-28th, 2013. Monday- Friday 9am–12pm
- What: Spend five mornings with other kids who love to write and want to improve their craft.
- Teachers: Our camps are facilitated by licensed Colorado classroom teachers including: Lisa Antweiler and Natalie Berges-Tucker
- Guest presenter: Slam poet Jovan Mays
- Cost: This camp is grant funded, thanks to the help of the Jefferson Foundation, and is limited to Jefferson County Students. To get more information about registering for this camp, please contact us by phone at 303-556-8394.