Click here to judge at the State Contest (5/2/2015)
Click here to volunteer at the State Contest (5/2/2015)
Topic ideas and resources
Click here for fantastic Colorado topics from our partners
- 100 Leaders in World History Project: A new, free, online resource for students and teachers sponsored by Kenneth E. Behring. It is designed to help students think about the idea of leadership. The resource contains profiles of the 100 leaders, classroom resources, downloadable posters, lessons, and research links. In November the site will become interactive, asking students, teachers, and the general public to rate the leaders on five characteristics. Check it out today at www.100leaders.org.
- Rocky Mountain PBS: Discover Rocky Mountain PBS LearningMedia, a powerful online resource developed especially for PreK-12 educators. LearningMedia provides instant access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted interactives, videos, images and audio clips from PBS and public media partners. Best of all, it’s free.
- Center for Colorado and the West at the Auraria Library: Check out these incredible resource guides pertaining to Colorado mining, Colorado Hispanic studies, and Colorado Native American studies.
- Teaching with Primary Sources Colorado: Themed resource can prove especially useful in the classroom. Our friends at TPS suggested the following in relationship to the 2015 theme: Abraham Lincoln, Flight and Early Aviators, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, and Women's History.
Research Rendezvous: Students, teachers, and volunteers join us for these Research Rendezvous events to help students find unique sources and get feedback on their projects.
- January 13, 4:00-7:00 pm- Boulder Public Library (Main Building, 1001 Arapahoe)
- January 21, 3:00-5:00 - Denver Museum of Nature and Science
(Topics are specific)
- January 24, 11:00-2:00- Boulder Public Library (Main Building, 1001 Arapahoe)
- January 25, 1:00-5:00 - Denver Public Library, Central Branch
- Looking for project examples? Check out the example page from the national office
- Interested in volunteering? Click here to fill out our interest survey
- Looking for an expert to interview on your topic? Check out our new Speaker and Interviewee Bureau. Click here for more information. Do you know anyone who might be interested in joining our Bureau? If so, contact Celeste Archer
- Attention Teachers: Please contact us and we will help you to integrate History Day into your classroom.
A Very Special Thanks To:
Walter S. Rosenberry, III Charitable Trust
Assured Equity Management Corporation
Kendra & Eric Black
Amy & Shane Feiman