Judges: FYI the in-person judge training for Saturday, April 25th has been CANCELLED. Please continue to check your emails for updates. Thanks!
Here is the Schedule! Please know that modifications to names, titles, and interview times are NOT permitted!
Students Registration Fees:
Registration fees may be mailed in (paperwork in your qualifier's packet) or pay online by clicking here.
Please note: The RegOnline credit card option transaction charges will charge $4.69 in service fees per entered entry transaction.
To Register as a Judge or Volunteer for the
Click here to volunteer at the State Contest (5/2/2015)
A HUGE Thank You to the Daniels Fund!
National History Day in Colorado is a proud award recipient for 2014-2015. We are excited to expand the program, enhance internships, and help our History Day schools, teachers, and students even more!
NHDC Elementary Poster Contest
NHDC is excited to announce the 4th/5th grade poster contest for our elementary schools. Click here
for more details.
Congratulations to NHDC teacher, Elizabeth Milligan!
STRIVE Prep Federal teacher, Elizabeth Milligan, has been
chosen by National History Day to be a Behring Teacher Ambassador for the
2015-2016 academic year. Click here to read the press release.
We are so thrilled to have such a great representative for our state and program!
Topic ideas and resources
Click here for fantastic Colorado topics from our partners
- 100 Leaders in World History Project: A new, free, online resource for students and teachers sponsored by Kenneth E. Behring. It is designed to help students think about the idea of leadership. The resource contains profiles of the 100 leaders, classroom resources, downloadable posters, lessons, and research links. In November the site will become interactive, asking students, teachers, and the general public to rate the leaders on five characteristics. Check it out today at www.100leaders.org.
- Rocky Mountain PBS: Discover Rocky Mountain PBS LearningMedia, a powerful online resource developed especially for PreK-12 educators. LearningMedia provides instant access to thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted interactives, videos, images and audio clips from PBS and public media partners. Best of all, it’s free.
- Center for Colorado and the West at the Auraria Library: Check out these incredible resource guides pertaining to Colorado mining, Colorado Hispanic studies, and Colorado Native American studies.
- Teaching with Primary Sources Colorado: Themed resource can prove especially useful in the classroom. Our friends at TPS suggested the following in relationship to the 2015 theme: Abraham Lincoln, Flight and Early Aviators, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, and Women's History.
- Looking for project examples? Check out the example page from the national office
- Looking for an expert to interview on your topic? Check out our new Speaker and Interviewee Bureau. Click here for more information. Do you know anyone who might be interested in joining our Bureau? If so, contact Celeste Archer
- Attention Teachers: Please contact us and we will help you to integrate History Day into your classroom.
A Very Special Thanks To:
Walter S. Rosenberry, III Charitable Trust
Assured Equity Management Corporation
Kendra & Eric Black
Amy & Shane Feiman