Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the BA/BS-MD Degree Program:
- A Colorado resident who is a U.S. citizen or in compliance with U.S. immigration laws.
- A current high school senior planning to begin college the fall semester after graduation.
- A high school GPA of 3.5, a CCHE index score of 110* or better at the time of application.
- A commitment to a career in medicine.
*The CCHE index score is a combination of your high school GPA or class rank and your ACT or SAT score. To calculate your CCHE index score, visit the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
At CU Denver, we believe it is our responsibility to help meet the healthcare needs of the state of Colorado by selecting talented students that intend to practice medicine in Colorado. The BA/BS-MD Program Admissions Committee will consider all aspects of an applicant's experiences, academic performance and background including:
- Excellence of academic record
- Array of community and/or volunteer service experiences
- Characteristics and capabilities that would make you an excellent physician
- Extracurricular activities
- Honors and Awards
- Full or part-time jobs held during school or in summers
Interviews will be offered to a select group of applicants by the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine Admissions Committee. Factors that will be considered in choosing interviewees include activities that indicate a strong commitment to a career in medicine, leadership, academic achievement and potential, and one's diverse background. Interviews will be conducted by members of the Admissions Committee on the Anschutz Medical Campus and are 30 minutes in length. Each interviewee will be interviewed separately by two committee members. Interviews will be held on December 1, 2012. Decisions will be mailed out in late December.