In order to graduate, undergraduate students in CLAS will need to complete the following steps:
- Meet with their CLAS advisor who will distribute the graduation application to students who qualify.
- Meet with their major/minor advisor(s) to confirm completion of program.
- Return completed graduation application to the CLAS Advising Office, NC 4002, by:
- Fall - last to add classes for the fall semester (census date)
- Spring - last day to add classes for the spring semester (census date)
- Summer - last day to add full term classes for summer (census date)
Failure to follow the above steps may result in a delay in your student's graduation.
Updates and information about Commencement are sent to your student's UCD e-mail account after they have turned in their application. Graduation ceremonies are held at the end of Spring and Fall terms. Summer graduates are invited to participate in the Fall commencement ceremony in December.
Diplomas do not begin mailing out for up to 2 months after commencement. Please contact the Records Office with any concerns if your student does not receive their diploma.
Diplomas include only your student's degree information (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) and their major. Minor degrees and certificates are not noted on the diploma itself. Your student's transcript will reflect all of that information.
Additional information about graduation is available in the CLAS Advising Office. View frequently asked questions about graduation compiled by the CLAS undergraduate advisors.