The Center for Innovative Design & Analysis (CIDA) offers comprehensive statistical and data science support for short-term projects through our consulting center. Our team consists of nearly 20 faculty and students with wide range of expertise, providing us with the knowledge and experience necessary to help you learn what’s in your data. We are available to provide assistance with study design, data management, and analysis, as well as other custom needs. We strive to remain informed of current practices and novel methodologies, so we can apply cutting edge approaches to get the most out of your data.
To work with us, please fill out our Project Support form and our assistant director will reach out within 2 business days to arrange a meeting to discuss your needs in detail.
We assist you in choosing an appropriate study design to answer your scientific question, creating data collection tools which will be analysis-ready, and developing an analysis plan.
- Define hypotheses for valid conclusions and to minimize false positive findings
- Define outcomes and predictors that best answer your hypotheses
- Identify confounders and precision variables based on your study design and population
- Develop a data analysis plan for each hypothesis that is appropriate based on the design and data to be collected
- Justify sample size necessary to detect clinically meaningful differences
- Develop a data, safety, and monitoring plan to ensure safety of your subjects
- Develop a randomization plan to assign subjects to groups per your study protocol
After data are collected, we work with you to conduct analyses per an a priori developed analysis plan, or assist with the development of an analysis plan to evaluate your primary and secondary hypotheses. When appropriate, we can adapt new analytic methods, especially for emerging data such as microbiome, genetics/genomics and longitudinal analyses.
Learn how to design and structure your database. Incorporate data dictionaries and best practices for recording variables and individuals' data to make your dataset easy to maintain and use.
Abstracts, Presentations, and Publications
Our biostatisticians will provide a near-publication ready report with methods and results. For abstracts, presentations, and publications, we work with you to review or write the statistical methods and results section prior to submission. Our authorship policies acknowledge our biostatistician's significant contributions.
Receive biostatistics consulting and guidance for your group on database design, study design, and data analysis.