The Trial Innovation Network is a new collaborative initiative within the CTSA Program and is composed of three key organizational partners – the CTSA Program Hubs, the Trial Innovation Centers (TICs), and the Recruitment Innovation Center (RIC). The CCTSI at UC Denver is one of the TIN CTSA Program Hubs.
The vision for the Trial Innovation Network is to innovatively address critical roadblocks in clinical trials and accelerate the translation of novel interventions into life-saving therapies. The Trial Innovation Network is a collaborative national network that focuses on operational innovation, operational excellence and collaboration and will leverage the expertise and resources of the CTSA Program. The Trial Innovation Network will feature a single IRB system, master contracting agreements, quality by design approaches, and a focus on evidence-based strategies to recruitment and patient engagement.
The goal of the Trial Innovation Network is to not only execute trials better, faster, and more cost-efficiently but also, importantly, to be a national laboratory to study, understand and innovate the process of conducting clinical trials.
For more information on the Trial Innovation Network, go to their website located here.
All proposals should be reviewed and approved by the local TIN Hub Liaison Team and PI prior to submission.
To engage the University of Colorado TIN Hub Liaison Team, contact Ben Echalier.
Key personnel for the University of Colorado TIN Hub Liaison Team include:
- Principle Investigator - Ronald Sokol, MD
- Director - Thomas Flaig, MD
- Medical Director (Adult Health) - Thomas Campbell, MD
- Medical Director (Child Health) - Peter Mourani, MD
- Project Manager - Benjamin Echalier, MS, MBA, CCRP
- Central IRB Liaison - Christy Williamson, CCRP
- Contracting Liaisons - Amanda J. Peng, MS; TK Keith, JD
- Recruitment Facilitator - Barbara N. Hammack, PhD
- Research Navigator - Cynthia Sneddon MPH, CCRC
The TIN has provided some resource documents to assist with proposal development and submission:
Checklist for Investigators
Proposal Submission General Instructions
Trial Innovation Confidentiality Policy