International Students may download the Campus Village Apartments housing application here:
Campus Village International Application
The University of Colorado Denver requires all first-time international freshmen on the Denver Campus to live in the Campus Village Apartments. No other apartments or buildings meet the live-in policy requirement.
First Year students live together in a dedicated wing of Campus Village. This wing includes the following additional amenities:
- Additional Staff – This wing of the complex will have a higher ratio of staff to students to help provide additional support, guidance and resources for first time students.
- Special Programming – Many of the programming efforts sponsored by the University will be taking place in the First Year student wing of Campus Village. Programs will focus on study skills, navigating the University and Community, living with a roommate, and a variety of other topics.
- Connections with other First-Year Students - First year students share many of the same challenges and anxieties as they begin their college careers. Living in a community of students going through the same types of experiences provides a built-in support network and can lead to lasting friendships.
- First Year Experience Seminars – We are working on providing sections of the First Year Experience Seminars comprised of students living in Campus Village. Ideally these sections will take place at Campus Village and will help to form additional connections between students and faculty.
First time freshmen students wishing to live with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) or who qualify under at least one of the exemptions listed below must submit the "Exemption Form" to be considered for exception from the live-in policy.
Exemptions to this policy will be evaluated and made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please call the Office of Student Life at 303.556.2444 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemptions to the First Time freshmen Live-in Requirement:
- You will be living at home with parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- You are a veteran of the armed forces.
- You are married or a parent with dependent(s).
- You are deemed medically excusable by the Office of Student Life (must be supported in writing by a doctor and with appropriate medical documentation).
- You are over 21 years of age
- All other requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Campus Village Apartments
Campus Village Dining is completely new and improved for 2010 to provide more options for residents both in Campus Village and On-Campus.
In the Campus Village Café residents can enjoy all you care to eat meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner that will feature a variety of nutritious and delicious options.
During hours when the Café is closed students can stop by that on-site convenience store to grab a snack, coffee or grab-n-go meal.
Students will also be able to use their meal cards on Campus at Pete’s Arena, Einstein’s Bagels, and the QuickZone convenience store.
All UC Denver first-year students are required to have either the 14+ or 19+ meal plan for the year.
The dining plan rate for 2010-2011 is:
14+ Meal Plan – 14 meals a week plus $300 Flex Cash = $1500/semester
19+ Meal Plan – 19 meals/week plus $200 Flex Cash = $1600/semester
International Student Resources
Office of International Education
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) provides a variety of programs and services for international students and scholars. OIA coordinates new international student orientation activities, provides information and advising concerning immigration and visa regulations, organizes social activities, and provides a communication center for UC Denver's international students
It is important that you are aware of the requirments and regulations in place for you to maintain your current Visa status. Please click the links below to learn more about this important topic. If you have questions or concerns please contact your international advisor.