Find a Roommate
Please use the Off-Campus Housing & Roommate Database
to post your roommate profile and search other CU Denver student profiles. The database is only accessible to CU Denver students. You will be required to login using your CU Denver student information.
For any additional questions or concerns please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Office of Commuter Services does not endorse any particular roommate and encourages students to read the below resources prior to selecting a roommate.
Discussions to Have Before Moving In Together
There are several discussions that may be helpful for potential roommates to have before commiting to living together. Having these discussions may help cut down on miscommunications and stress after move-in. Before looking for a roommate you should consider the pros, cons, and your needs (this is different than wants):
Reasons why it may be a good idea to consider a roommate:
- Reduced monthly cost of living/rent
- Increased safety (e.g., someone else is around)
It would be important to go through the pros and cons based on your own needs (these are just examples)
Questions you should ask yourself when choosing a roommate:
- How well do I get along with others, especially my new potential roommate?
- What are some of our differences? Similarities?
- Do we communicate our problems well?
- Do we have similar lifestyles? (e.g., drinking, cleanliness, quiet time, school, etc.)
- Do we look at budgeting and financials similarly? (i.e., Can I rely on my roommate to pay their portion of rent?)
Tip: Carefully interview and get to know your potential roommate prior to moving in together. Remember: it is okay to say “no” to a potential roommate.
Communicating with your roommate:
- Open and honest communication
- Talk about an issue right when it happens (do not wait).
- Post your schedules
- Discuss expectations prior to moving in (and continuing discussing them as situations arise)
Example: is it okay to have others stay overnight?
Example: consider creating a roommate contract that will clearly state agreed upon rules and financial contributions for each person.