Pre-Health Faculty and Advisors
The event was held June 12th on the Anschutz Medical Campus. A full day of touring our facilities, connecting with faculty and staff from this and other medical campuses, and getting inspiration from the next generation of health care leaders. The program aims to help undergraduate and high school pre-health advisors improve their understanding of what is required of students entering health care careers (e.g. Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Public Health. etc.) particularly for those interested in serving in rural and urban underserved communities. This event is a completely free opportunity to gather valuable information about leading students in their pursuit of health careers.
Registration has passed-- Check back for 2020 dates
Location: University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora 80045
The goals for the event are to introduce Pre-health Advisors to the wide spectrum of:
- Health career educational opportunities;
- Admissions requirements for medical, dental, pharmacy, physician assistant, nursing, behavioral health, public health, physical therapy, graduate schools, etc.
- How to prepare your pre-health professional students to be successful candidates.
The event will include:
- Networking opportunities
- Symposia lead by health care professionals and admissions counselors from graduate programs all over Metro Denver
- Success stories of advising non-traditional students, financial aid/scholarships for professional schools, and course work requirements for health professional programs.
For more information contact: