Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

The Office of Student Assistance

Student Housing Questions, Answers, and Resources

Do you have questions about housing? We have answers.

girl studying on concrete structure next to tree

Is there student housing on the CU Anschutz Campus?

CU Anschutz does not provide on-campus housing facilities. However, students may go to the Off-Campus Housing Website to obtain access to information about the rental listings and roommates in the Denver and Aurora metro areas. Anyone who is an active student can log in using university passport credentials, there is no need to create an account to use this resource. If you are in need of more short-term arrangements, we suggest using RotatingRoom. It is built by med students for med students.

Are there housing ​resources available for international students?

The Office of International Affairs has written a Guide to Living Off-Campus for International Students​ for those who may not be familiar with the U.S. housing and rental market.​

If I don’t have a car, how will I get to campus?

All degree-seeking students receive the RTD (Regional Transportation District) College Pass each semester which is funded through their student fees.  Each student will receive this pass at the time they pick up their student ID badge.  This is usually handled within the first two weeks of school by your department or program.  RTD has many bus and light rail lines that run throughout the Denver-Metro area.  For more information, go see RTD Schedules.​  

For more information on using RTD to get to campus and for additional methods of transportation, refer to our page on Commuting to Campus.


photo of metal ball sculptur in front of research 1 complex bridgesHow do I find a roommate?

Students can search for roommates on the Off-Campus Housing Website.  Students may build a profile as well as perform a search for compatible roommate(s).  Students can communicate through the Off-Campus Housing Website, via email or telephone, based on the preference selected.

Where can I find information about the crime data around the CU Anschutz Campus?

Please review the CU Police Clery Report (information is at the bottom of the front page). 


What are some resources that I can reference for issue resolution?

The Ombuds Office may be able to assist you with mediating roommate issues. 

The State of Colorado Landlord and Tenant Law can inform you of your rights as a renter. 

The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) or the Colorado Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) may be able to assist you with rental complaints.

Colorado Legal Services (CLS) provides legal aid and pro-bono programs for low-income clients. You can also find additional resources at the Colorado Bar Association or Colorado 211.

If you are experience a short term emergency and need access to financial assistance, consider applying for funding from the CU Anschutz Shares resource. The university also provides an on-campus food pantry​ to students in need that is open 24/7 and located with University Police in building 407.