Student Email Policy
E-mail is an official means of communication for students at the CU Anschutz. All official university e-mail will be sent to each student’s assigned a CU Anschutz e-mail address.
CU Anschutz will only use CU Anschutz student e-mail accounts if it elects to send e-mail communications to students. CU Anschutz e-mail accounts are available through IT Services. Students are responsible for reading e-mails received from CU Anschutz.
The purpose of this requirement is to:
- Ensure students receive information timely
- Eliminate identity concerns related to student communications received by CU Anschutz via e-mail. CU Anschutz is not responsible for mail forwarded from CU Anschutz student e-mail accounts
Effects of the policy
The university will only use your CU Anschutz-assigned e-mail account for e-mail communications. Faculty and administration will use your official CU Anschutz-assigned addresses when corresponding with you via e-mail. Examples of important CU Anschutz communications that you may receive through your official e-mail address include:
- Invitations to register
- Responses to your inquiries about registration, admissions, records and financial aid
- Information and authorization/verification requests for College Opportunity Fund, legal presence issues
- Messages from faculty regarding course work
- Notices of scholarship, educational and financial aid opportunities and deadlines
It is expected that official e-mail will be read by students in a timely fashion.
E-mail address format
UC Denver-assigned student e-mail addresses have the following format:
Note: Students must follow the activation procedure below to activate their account and obtain their exact address.
Activating your official e-mail
Activate your official e-mail account here.