These steps will ensure a smooth process, and guarantee your transfer to CU Denver with Junior status pursuing your selected major:
- Beginning studies at a participating Colorado Community College following graduation from high school or completion of a GED and work toward the appropriate Associate's Degree.
- Indicate your interest in the Admission Promise Program when completing your online application to the community college. (Students who have already completed coursework at a Colorado Community College will be able to transfer to CU Denver under the terms of the statewide guaranteed transfer and existing matriculation and transfer guides.)
- Select community college courses from the CU Denver transfer planning guide or applicable atriculation agreement for your intended major at CU Denver.
- Meet at least once per academic term with your assigned CU Denver academic advisor.
- Grant permission for CU Denver personnel to view/receive your community college transcripts.
- Submit a complete application for CU Denver admission, with no application fee required, and apply for completion of the appropriate Associate's Degree at the beginning of your final community college semester.
- Earn at least the cumulative GPA as required for your intended major at CU Denver.
- Be awarded the appropriate Associate's Degree prior to enrolling at CU Denver.
Begin your journey at one of these five Colorado community colleges:
As stated in Regent Law (article 7.C.), "The university reserves the right to deny admission or readmission to applicants whose total credentials reflect an inability to assume those obligations of performance and behavior deemed essential by the university and relevant to any of its lawful missions, processes, and functions as an educational institution."